The series primary goal is to educate Alabama residents on practical ways to implement heart disease preventing strategies through culturally competent nutrition education strategies.
The target participation is primary food preparers of underrepresented and/or minority status; individuals identifying as low-income earners, rural Alabama residents and those with underlying health issues attributed to diet and lifestyle.
• Session 1: Feed your potential (food and health basics)
Growing Healthy Habits:
• Session 2: Decoding Food Labels / Identifying Hidden Sources of Sodium & Fat
• Session 3: The Power of Plant-based eating
• Session 4: Pantry Makeovers
Cooking Skills & Food:
• Session 5: Vegan Soul Food Cooking Demonstration
• Session 6: Healthy Ingredient Swap
• Session 7: Mind Over Matter: Developing Mindful Eating Habits and Meditation to Boost Your Well-being
• Session 8: Exercise within your reach