Alabama Extensions Urban SNAP-Ed team at Alabama A&M University, presents BOOK BITES, a once a week book read (Thurs) on healthy habits for children k-4th grade. Youth and parent participants will interact with a nutrition educator during an exciting story time and further explore the concepts of the book during a brief discussion time.
Registration is required to attend. Only your first name and email address are required to register for this online event. We ask for optional information so we can better understand our effectiveness in serving all Alabama citizens and for reporting general, anonymous statistics to our federal and state funders. We do not share any specific information you provide.
Participants will receive follow-up tools to help you practice the key concepts of the book at home. You must provide mailing address to receive follow-up educational materials.
Sessions are Thursdays 3:30 pm CST. Session topics include:
• January 21st – hand washing with Carmen Martinez
• January 28th - reducing screen time with Michelle Hamilton
• February 4th - trying new foods with Shonda Wright
• February 11th - physical activity with Kim Carroll
• February 18th - healthy habits with Shavita Wood-Warren
• February 25th - picky eaters with Gloria Maxie
• March 4th - farm to table with Della Taylor-Miller
• March 11th - try new foods with Shonna Carranza
• March 18th - physical activity with Carolina Hurtado
• March 25th - family meal time with Susana Rodriguez
• April 1st - eating fruits and vegetables with Annette Felton
• April 8th - physical activity with Latrell Arrington