Alabama Extensions Urban SNAP-Ed team at Alabama A&M University, presents BOOK BITES, a once a week book read (Mon) on healthy habits for children k-4th grade. Youth and parent participants will interact with a nutrition educator during an exciting story time and further explore the concepts of the book during a brief discussion time.
Registration is required to attend. Only your first name and email address are required to register for this online event. We ask for optional information so we can better understand our effectiveness in serving all Alabama citizens and for reporting general, anonymous statistics to our federal and state funders. We do not share any specific information you provide.
The first ten attendees to each session will receive follow-up tools to help you practice the key concepts of the book at home. You must provide mailing address to receive follow-up educational materials.
Sessions are Mondays 11-11:30 am CST. Session topics include:
• July 13 – physical activity with Angel Martin
• July 20 – reducing screen time with Michele Hamilton - Gholston
• July 27 – trying new foods with Shonda Wright
• August 3 – eating fruits and vegetables with Kyondria Timmons
• August 10 - healthy habits with Shavita Woods-Warren
• August 17 - picky eaters with Gloria Maxie
• August 24 - farm to table with Della Taylor
• August 31 - TBD with Shonna Carranza
• September 14 – TBD with Kim Carroll
Jul 13, 2020 11:00 AM
Time shows in
Jul 20, 2020 11:00 AM
Jul 27, 2020 11:00 AM
Aug 3, 2020 11:00 AM
Aug 10, 2020 11:00 AM
Aug 17, 2020 11:00 AM
Aug 24, 2020 11:00 AM
Aug 31, 2020 11:00 AM
Sep 7, 2020 11:00 AM